The equipment fit conforms to latest IMO / MARPOL / MEPC regulations in force and these vessels have the capability to operate in inshore, shallow and deep waters with endurance of over 10 days. These MCMVs are able to locate, classify, sweep and neutralise all types of ground, moored and drifting mines. In addition, these vessels are suited for channel conditioning / route survey / sanitisation as well as to carry out local naval defence roles
These MCMVs are fitted with state of the art MCM Suite for mine hunting and neutralization / sweeping capabilities with MCM Command and Control System. These vessels are based on proven design and will be constructed with stringent quality norms at GSL.
Salient Features of this Vessel
- Proven design based on MCMVs in active service.
- Capable of mine detection and classification with Hull Mounted Sonar, Side Scan Sonars (SSS) and Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV).
- Mine Neutralisation utilising Expendable Mine Identification and Disposal Vehicle (MIDV), Mine Sweeping utilising equipment capable of sweeping/ neutralising Ground (influence), Influence and moored mines.
- MCM Command and Control system to plan, execute and evaluate MCM and survey missions.
- Adequate anti-surface warfare capability and anti-air capability for self defence.
- Capable of embarking deep water divers with four-man RCC.
- Dynamic Positioning System (DPS) integrated with Integrated Platform Management System (IPMS) and MCM Command and Control System.
|Basic functions||To locate, classify, sweep & neutralize all types of ground moored & drift mines.|
|Hull Material||GRP single skin non stiffened|
|Notation||*100 A1 NS3 MCMV SA2 +LMC
CCS LAP MD(SH, WH1) and ELS LSAE PSMR POL
|External Fire-fighting||2 x 1400 ms/hr at 140 MWC|
|Draught||abt. 2.80 M|
|Displacement||abt. 800 Tons|
|Accommodation||7 Officers, 56 Sailors &
1 Medical Officer
|Fuel oil||69 Tons|
|Fresh Water||30 Tons|
|Range||2000 NM (@11 Knots Econ Speed)|
|Main Engine||2 x 1450 KW|
|Gear Box||2 x GBs|
|Propulsion||2 x VSP|
|Dynamic Positioning System||Integrated Platform Management System|
|Safety plan in line with “NATO’s ANEP-77 Chapter VI-Fire Safety” with two Fire Zones|
|Networks||415V, 3 Ph, 50 Hz / 230V AC/ 24V DC|
|Generators||3 x 350 KW|
|Emergency Gen||1 x 120 KW|
|Automatic Power Management System|
|Mine Counter Measures|
|Hull Mounted Sonar||01|
|Side Scan Sonar||01|
|MCM Command & Control System||01 set|
|Expendable ROVs & 02 Reusable ROVs||06|
|Autonomous Underwater Vehicle||01|
|Mine Sweeping Gear||01 set|
|One 30mm anti-surface NSG with EOFCS|
|Two 12.7mm SRCGs with FCS|
|Two portable VSHORAD launchers|
|IBS with inbuilt ECDIS and MFCs|
|Two I – band COTS Radars with ARPA|
|Dual Gyro Compass|
|Advanced Composite Communication Suites|
|Satellite Communication Equipment|
|Internal Communication system including MB/SRE, intercom, Auto-telephone and SPT|
|14.7 M RIB|
|Anchor||2 x 765 Kgs.|
|Hadfield Steel Anchor|
|2 nos non-magnetic anti-shock cranes|
|1 no single arm non- magnetic davit|