Majority of items procured for shipbuilding projects are not falling under category of 358 items reserved for procurement from MSE as per “Annexure-I” – (Language – English). Initially there was restricted scope for procurement exclusively from MSE from 2012-13 onwards. However after due diligence and identification of items and services which are generic in nature, GSL has managed to enhance procurement from MSEs from 0.37% in FY 2012-13 to 1.50% in FY 2013-14. Subsequently, with consistent efforts, GSL has successfully achieved set target of 20% procurement from MSEs for the period 2014-15.
GSL has scrutinized the list of 358 items reserved for mandatory procurement from MSE including SC/ST owned entrepreneurs and identified the following items where scope exists in GSL for procurement.
- Annual Procurement Demand from MSMEs – (Language – English)
- List of Items Procured from MSMEs Vendors – (Language – English)
- Bituminous Solution
- Bolts & nuts
- Boots And shoes of all types including canvas shoes
- Brushes of all types
- Coir mattress cushion and matting
- French Polish
- Hand gloves of all types
- Hasps and staples
- Helmet Non Metallic
- Measuring Tapes and sticks
- Pad Locks of all types
- Paint remover
- PVC footwears
- PVC Pipes upto 110mm
- Rust /Scale removing composition
- Safety pins (and other similar products like Paper Pins, Staples Pins Etc
- Sanitary Plumbing fittings
- Sanitary towels
- Screw of all types including high Tensile
- Sign board Painted
- Soap Liquid
- Soap washing or Laundry soap
- Wire brushes and fibre Brushes
- Wooden Plugs
In pursuance of MSE policy, GSL will focus for procurement of above items to ensure strict compliance of Public Procurement policy-2012 (PPP) and achieve the set target.
GSL has conceptualized induction of exclusive portal for MSE including SC/ST owned entrepreneurs to facilitate online registration and participation in tenders.
GSL conducted vendor meet in association with local MSME development institute and NSIC to encourage potential vendors to register with GSL for development and supply of products.