- Test facility
The Test and trial facilities existing in GSL can be made available at the rates against each to private entities for Manufacturing of Defence Equipment/Weapon platforms as per the list enclosed at Annexure-A – (Language – English) and the List of Nodal Officers to facilitate this activity is available in Annexure-B.
- Registration of private entities for use of test facilities
A private entity already registered in company`s approved Vendor list can directly avail the test facilities as per the procedure. The credentials / track record of a new private entity shall submit the following documents:
- Company Profile
- Income Tax returns for last 3 years
- Audited balance sheet / P&L Statement for last 3 years
- PAN / TIN
The verification will be carried out by the company.
- Procedure to avail the test facilities by a private entity
- A registered private entity shall submit the end use certificate, Non disclosure declaration form along with the Test facility request.
- The items / sub systems meant for defence applications will only be tested.
- The Nodal officer in GSL will study the technical specs of the test to be carried out.
- The slot availability along with quote will be communicated to private entity in case the available test facilities are capable of meeting the technical requirements.
- The private entity shall place a Service Order including acceptance of payment terms as per the quote and handover the job at the GSL Premises to carry out the test(s).
- The test(s) will be carried out as per standard procedures by GSL Personnel only.
- The test reports along with the job will be handed over to the private entity.
- General terms & conditions
- All test pieces are to be brought to GSL. GSL personnel will not visit vendor site for testing.
- The test services to private entities will be made available, only in case of spare capacity, over and above meeting the internal needs.
- All transportation of job (including loading / unloading) from / to GSL`s testing premises is the responsibility of the private entity.
- Personnel from private entities to produce proof of Identity / authorization letter.
- Inspection of the job will be done by security staff before moving the job to / from GSL premises.
- The testing charges are fixed at nominal rates taking into account all direct & setup costs (Annexure ‘A’).
- The Hourly/Daily Rate indicated in the list, are for Budgetory purpose only. The rates may vary and the actual rates will be indicated in the quote, furnished by the respective units.
- The test charges are applicable for standard test procedures. In case of any additional tests, charges will be suitably modified depending on the job specifications.
- Applicable charges are exclusive of VAT / Service / other taxes.
- For cancellation of allotted slot, 25% of the testing charges will be forfeited.
- GSL will not be responsible for loss / damage to the equipment / instrument while carrying out the test(s).
- If any damage occurs to equipment / property / personnel resulting from the testing of the job of private entity, the private entity should bear the expenses in repair / replacement of the facility. All necessary insurance coverage for the job shall be the responsibility of the private entity.